‘And we created you in pairs’
Frequently Asked Questions
|Does USMAA verify any information from the listed proposals?
No, therefore USMAA does not guarantee its accuracy. The onus is on the interested parties, both the Advertiser and the Responder to conduct their own due diligence.
|How confidential is the information that I share with USMAA?
We will not share your personal details on the website. Any information shared with us will only be viewed by the two or three individuals (max) within the USMAA Management Committee, who are responsible for managing this initiative.
|Will USMAA disclose any of my personal information to any interested parties?
No. It is up to the Advertiser and the Responder to exchange personal information between each other after they conduct their due diligence.
|What are my next steps once I get a response to my advertisement?
· First and foremost, please call the Responder’s contact number to make sure it is a legitimate person as USMAA does not vet the Advertiser or the Responder.
· Ask for all the basic details like where the bride/groom studied, works, exact age, etc.
|How do I conduct reference/background checks?
· Islam encourages thorough investigation of any prospective bride/groom before committing
· Whilst backbiting is strictly forbidden, an exception to the rule is available when gathering information about a prospective partner for marriage
· In this special circumstance, complete information should be given about an individual, be it good or bad
|Does the service guarantee a prospective match?
No, this website is only a platform to advertise. Also, no refunds will be entertained in the event you are unsuccessful in finding a match on this site.
|What happens to my advertisement after a period of 12 months?
If you have not asked us to take down your advertisement, then it will automatically be purged from our website after 12 months. You will have to create a new advert or contact us before the expiry if you want it to continue.
Note: an admin fee will be applicable after 12 months for continuing ads.
|Who can advertise on the site?
Advertisers need to be Australian or New Zealand residents covered by one of the following visa categories: Australian/ New Zealand citizen, Australian/ New Zealand Permanent Resident (PR), Student and Business.
|Who cannot advertise on the site?
|a) Non-Australia/New Zealand residents
b) Applicants who are already married. This is not a platform for polygamy arrangements.
|What if I have further questions?
Kindly send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org