The United Sri Lankan Muslim Association of Australia Inc (USMAA) is a non-profit making religious and humanitarian society dedicated to the promotion of the Islamic religion, culture, principles and the welfare of Sri Lankan-Australian Muslims.
USMAA was formed on 5 Jumada al-Thani Hijra 1411 (22 December 1990). All legal persons who belong to the Sri Lankan-Australian Muslim Community and reside in Australia are eligible for Membership of the Association.
To positively represent the Victorian Sri Lankan – Australian Muslim community and to support our community to be upstanding Australian citizens.
- Partner with other interfaith communities and Australian local/state/federal government agencies to promote intercultural relationships
- Partner with the Sri Lankan government and other Sri Lankan-Australian organisations to assist the needy
- Celebrate our unique identity in a family-oriented environment through education, events and community service
- Support new Sri Lankan migrants and students to establish themselves
01. We respect each other
- We welcome each other to the USMAA family and will not alienate one another
- Our elders and youth work collaboratively with mutual respect
- We respect each other’s views and opinions
02. We are part of the community
- We are part of the Australian community and we endure together with Australia
- We are also part of the Sri Lankan community as we care about our heritage
- We appreciate and respect all cultures and ethnicities
03. We are an inclusive community
- We welcome any new Muslim Sri Lankans who want to be part of USMAA
- Our membership is Sri Lankan, but we do not turn our back to other non-Sri Lankan Muslims
- We are a community-based organisation, guided by our faith
04. We are united despite our differences
- We will sacrifice our pride for the betterment of our community
- We do not show our superiority, based on titles, professions and economic positions, to one another within the USMAA family